Butterflies started to randomly inspire me. And not just any kind, but Monarch butterflies in particular. You know, the poisonous and colourful kind HAHA!
Hair styling, editing, and Model: Doris
Photos & editing, makeup, and creative directing: Carmen
As I have mentioned countless times, Doris' unique features can bring out any type of makeup stunningly. Of course, it's more difficult on monolids, but once you get it, no words can describe how well the makeup comes out. I started off by using a black eye shadow to outline the butterfly wings on the outer edges of the eyes. I kept blending inwards to get a gradient effect. After getting the right shape, I used a liquid liner to define it even more. Then to make the eyes even more 3D, I popped in a shade of gold from the Too Faced Sweet Indulgences palette. Make sure to use Urban Decay's primer potion to make the colours stand out more! Afterwards I dabbed a bit of eyelash glue on lids to stick on some nail confetti. The lip shade was kept a subtle red color, and the face was contoured with a warm color from the same palette. Lastly, highlighter was used generously for a shimmery prismatic effect.
The title 100th Window is one of the albums from one of my all-time favourite groups Massive Attack if you were to listen to any song on that, I'd recommend Small Time Shot Away. Anyways, we'll be getting together a bit more now, so expect another post from us soon. Have a great week everyone!
- clinique moisture surge cream as base
- skin 79 super beblesh balm triple functions
- tony moly baby doll pot concealer in 1
- too faced sweet indulgences palette (papa don't peach and candlelight glow)
- koji dolly wink liquid eyeliner in deep black
- kanebo kate gel eyeliner in bk-1
- urban decay primer potion
- too faced sweet indulgences palette (black sugar, cherry cola, copper peony, gum drop, lovey dovey)
- generic thick false eyelashes
- etude house petit darling eyes in cream shimmer white
- confetti for nails
- kiss me heavy rotation lip concealer
- tarte lipsurgence in sweet
- yves rocher l/s 103 tomette
- rimmel london base coat top coat
- rimmel london 270 steel gray